Main Page | What we believe
Seventh-Day Adventist Beliefs
- Salvation is free, a gift of God's grace, made possible through the sinless life, and the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and is accepted by faith on the part of the believer. We believe that we can have victory over sin by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, but that if we sin, forgiveness is available through Jesus Christ.
- In one God, a unity of three co-eternal beings, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This loving God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and He has revealed Himself to humanity in His inspired Word, the Bible. We believe that the Bible is the only rule of faith and practice for the Christian. We urge its daily study aided by prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- The Ten Commandments are a transcript of the character of God and a revelation of His will. We believe that we should keep His commands (including the fourth, which enjoins the observance of the seventh day of the week as God's Sabbath), not as a means to salvation, but as a response of love for His loving salvation.
- That Jesus is presently ministering in our behalf in the heavenly sanctuary, and in the soon return of Jesus to bring full redemption to His people. We believe that the faithful who die prior to the Second Coming will rest in the grave until the resurrection at the coming of Christ. We believe in the annihilation of the wicked by the fire that purifies the earth during the executive phase of the judgment.
- In spiritual gifts, including the gift of prophecy, and that the gifts are for the edifying of the entire church.
- That our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and proper care of our body is part of true spiritual living... we are Christ's ambassadors on this earth, and as such our lives should reflect His character, and that while Christ-like behavior does not produce salvation, it is the fruit of genuine conversion.
For a full list of Seventh-Day Adventist Beliefs go to the official Seventh-Day Adventist Website.
And for a list of the 28 fundamental beleifs vist Seventh-Day Adventist Fundamenal Beliefs page.